Cleaning the kitchen efficiently and effectively takes some practice, but once you learn how to clean a kitchen, you will be able to easily maintain it. Read on to learn how to deep clean your kitchen.
- Keep your kitchen utensils healthy and free of germs by washing them with Dettol Healthy Kitchen Gel. Clean all kitchen surfaces with Dettol Disinfectant Multi-Use Hygiene Liquid
- Use Dettol® Disinfectant Multi-Use Hygiene Liquid to apply on the outside of the garbage can with the cleaner and wipe down; be sure to replace the liner daily.
- Wipe down cabinet doors, backsplashes, counters, and walls with a cleaning cloth. Grease and grime can build easily on these surfaces.
- Clean crevices around the sink and faucet with a toothbrush.
- Flush drains with boiling water once a week.
- Sweep nightly to prevent dust and grime build-up. As needed, be sure to clean hard, non-porous floors with Dettol® Disinfectant Multi-Use Hygiene Liquid
- Clean the stove with a degreasing cleaner. If necessary, take out the burners to clean separately with soap and water.
- Remove stove control knobs to wash them and the stove behind the knob.
- Throw away any expired food from the refrigerator.
- With a gentle cleaner, wipe down surfaces inside the fridge and scrub out any sticky spills.
Research conducted in Hyderabad, India in 2014 indicated that food-borne disease outbreaks were a result of contamination taking place before consumption. Cleaning the kitchen includes cleaning overlooked areas that might cause or spread infection.
- Weekly, empty the toaster of crumbs. Turn it upside down into the trash, or empty the crumb tray.
- Wipe down the outside of the microwave with Dettol® Disinfecting Wipes, and clean the interior with warm, soapy water.
- Wipe down the outside of the coffeemaker with a multi-purpose cleaner.
- Flush the interior of the coffeemaker with a solution comprising two cups of white vinegar and half a cup of water.
Knowing how to clean a kitchen is half the battle – with these tips in mind, you'll be able to efficiently keep your home healthy.